Employment in Frederick
The Tillman County labor force is estimated to be 3,780 workers. Of this number, it is estimated that 55% are men and 45% are women. The present unemployment rate is 4.9%, with 190 workers in the labor force unemployed. In the past 18 months, unemployment rates have been as low as 3.9% and as high as 5.9% in Tillman County. Surrounding counties have had comparable unemployment rates. The Tillman County and Southwest Oklahoma are have a great number of people with education and experience who are seeking positions.
Henneges Automotive Profile Systems - 450 employees
Frederick Public Schools - 140 Employees
Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center - 125 employees
Memorial Medical Clinic & Memorial Nursing Center- 70 employees
City of Frederick - 75 employees
Current Job Openings:
- -The City of Frederick is looking for a career minded, team oriented individual with good character, work ethic, related experience and skills to join their team to perform a variety of administrative tasks. Interested persons may obtain a more detailed job description and application at the Water & Light Office, 200 West Grand Ave. during business hours.
- -K&S Service Station (Mark's Corner) is hiring! We're looking to hire a part time/full time service technician, job duties would include: all kind of tire mounts and flat repairs including car, semi and tractor tires; oil changes; service calls; minor mechanic work and brake repair. Must be customer friendly. Previous experience is preferred. Must have a valid driver license. For more info come by the shop on the corner of Main and Gladstone and ask for Kris.
- -The Frederick Fire Department is accepting applications volunteer firefighter positions. Interested parties may obtain an application packet at City Hall, 200 West Grand Ave. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- -Memorial Nursing Center is hiring Night Shift LPNs. To apply call 580-335-6646 or come by 319 E. Josephine.
- -Henniges Automotive is typically hiring. Testing & applications are available at either Workforce Oklahoma Employment Offices located in Altus and Lawton. In Altus: 1115 N. Spurgeon, 580-482-3262. In Lawton: 1711 SW 11th Street, 580-357-3500.
- -Aspire Home Care & Hospice currently hiring two LPNs for weekend visits. Visit www.aspirehomecare.com or head to 610 South Main in Frederick.
- -Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center, Manitou, OK is hiring Youth Guidance Specialists and Juvenile Security Officers. More Info: 580-397-3511 www.ok.gov/oja/
Are you a chamber business member who has a job opening? Email your listing to the Frederick Chamber to email@example.com